Ohio Hi-Point’s Students and Staff Members of the Month were recognized during the Ohio Hi-Point Board of Education meeting April 25.
Ohio Hi-Point celebrated the following Students of the Month: Carter Aten (Bellefontaine), Jonathan Parthemore (Bellefontaine), Autumn Horton (Benjamin Logan), Dakota Horton (Benjamin Logan), Lexi Stewart (Benjamin Logan), Austyn Collier (Graham), Stephen Dunham (Graham), Patrick Trace (Graham), Sierra Lensman (Indian Lake), Hunter Tuel (Marysville), Jenna Alspaugh (Mechanicsburg), Shawn Bower (Mechanicsburg), Victor Kep (Ridgemont), Jadzia Café (Riverside), Grace Hawson (Riverside), Matthew Smith (Riverside), Alexis Christon (Upper Scioto Valley), and Karen Kuhn (Waynesfield-Goshen).
“Seeing the accomplishments of our students and hearing what they are doing after graduation shows the multiple pathways Ohio Hi-Point offers,” said Superintendent Rick Smith, “We’re glad to see our students pursue their passions, whether that’s preparing for the 21st century jobs in the community or pursing college careers at institutions in and out of state. We’re very proud of our students and staff.”
The following Ohio Hi-Point Staff Members of the Month were recognized: Bob Newland, Donna Beale, Justin Lacher, Jon Cook, Laura Stackhouse, Brad Richardson, Joyce Furlong, Tom Carrig, and Ryin Oder.
“Thank you for your continued excellence to education,” said Matt McConnell, Board of Education Vice President, “Your work and dedication to students is truly appreciated.”
Ohio Hi-Point staff and students are preparing for Convocation on Wednesday, May 23 at 6:30 p.m. at Ohio Hi-Point. In the event of inclement weather, the location will be moved to the Bellefontaine High School gymnasium.
In other board action:
· Heard the Legislative Report from Paul McMahill
· Approved the action items recommended by the Treasurer including the March 2018 Financial Statement, interest and investments, appropriation modifications, transfers, and advances, and appropriation increases and decreases
· Authorized the opportunity for students and staff members to purchase school insurance for the 2018-2019 school year through Stolly Insurance
· Adopted the workers’ compensation pool resolution
· Approved the resignations of Trista Hardwick (West Liberty), Supervisor Support for Special Education & Testing; Michael Hyder (Zanesfield), HVAC-Electrical Instructor; Shalie Logan (Kenton), Satellite Ag Instructor; Kaylee Wright (Sidney), Math Instructor
· Approved employment of Stuart Hess (Urbana) as the HVAC-Electrical Instructor; Justin Rigsby (Ada) as an Information Technology Instructor; Cheryl Sorgen (Kenton) as the Assistant EMIS Coordinator; and Earl LeVan (Bellefontaine) as the Adult Education Business & Industry Instructor and Program Coordinator
· Approved extended days and teacher’s supplemental contract for approved staff members
· Approved tuition reimbursement payments for staff members listed
· Approved internship agreement with listed businesses
· Approved the memorandum of understand (MOU) with Upper Scioto Valley School District
· Approved the attendance of Rick Allen, Marysville ECHS Satellite Engineering Instructor, and Todd Bodey, Triad Satellite Advanced Manufacturing Instructor, to chaperone students competing at the SkillsUSA National Conference in Louisville, KY in June; and Donna Jarzab, Graham Satellite Family Consumer Science Instructor, to chaperone students competing at the FCCLA National Conference in Atlanta, GA in June
· Approved the VLA Fee Schedule for 2018/2019
· Approved textbook adoptions
· Approved the 2018/2019 revised district calendar and the 2019/2020 district calendar
· Approved stipends for staff members helping with the Indian Lake Summer Innovation Camp in June
· Approved the Assistant Management Information Systems (EMIS) Coordinator job description
· Approved the listed 2018/2019 Courses of Study as presented
· Approved the Satellite Laptop Lottery Program
· Approved the donation of a food slicer to be used in the Culinary Arts program from HBD/Thermoid Inc. of Bellefontaine, OH
The next Board of Education meeting is Wednesday, May 23, 2018 immediately following Ohio Hi-Point’s Convocation Ceremony.
Submitted by Ohio Hi-Point Career Center.