SHHHH! Don’t tell the kids, but “Back to School” season is almost upon us. And with it, United Way’s annual “Stuff the Bus” school supply drive.
At the end of summer, local businesses and generous shoppers traditionally partner with United Way to collect items for needy students in area schools so that they can complete their classwork.
Twenty-five area locations are already serving as drop-off sites to make a donation, including the Logan County libraries, church congregations, various workplaces, and participating retail sites that sell school supplies, such as Community Markets and Big Lots.
All donated items will be sorted for distribution to area teachers and guidance counselors to use in their classrooms (including Bellefontaine, Benjamin Logan, Calvary Christian, Indian Lake, Ohio Hi-Point, Riverside, and West Liberty).
What if you know someone who needs school supplies? The donated items will be distributed directly to the Board Office of all school districts on Monday Aug. 17. United Way asks that you please contact your school guidance counselor to access needed supplies after that time.
Items being collected include art supplies, backpacks, baggies (all sizes), colored pencils, composition notebooks, crayons, disinfecting wipes, folders, glue, glue sticks, highlighters, index cards, markers, notebooks, paper, paper towels, pencils, pens (blue and black), post-it notes, rulers, school boxes, scissors, and tissues.
Collection sites (as of July 27) include:
RETAIL/COMMUNITY DROP-OFF LOCATIONS
· Alan Galvez Insurance – 134 W. Columbus, Bellefontaine
· Bellefontaine Examiner – 127 E. Chillicothe St., Bellefontaine
· Big Lots – Bellefontaine (1760 S. Main St.)
· Coffee Matters Coffeehouse – 129 N. Detroit St. West Liberty
· Community Markets – Hyland Hills Plaza, (878 E. Sandusky) Bellefontaine
· Community Markets – 309 N. Main St. Bellefontaine
· Community Markets – 8793 Twp. Rd. 239, Russells Point
· Framing By Fuller, LLC – 8163 St. Rt. 366, Russells Point
· Education Station – 136 S. Main, Bellefontaine
· Habitat for Humanity – 4399 CR 130, Huntsville
· Hilliker Family YMCA – Bellefontaine
· Logan County Libraries – DeGraff Branch
· Logan County Libraries – Knowlton Library, Bellefontaine
· Logan County Libraries – Lakeview Branch
· Logan County Libraries – Rushsylvania Branch
· Logan County Libraries – West Liberty Branch
· Logan County Libraries – West Mansfield Branch
· Walmart – Bellefontaine (2281 U.S. Rt. 68 S.) – SATURDAY AUGUST 15 ONLY
· AcuSport Corporation – Bellefontaine
· Midwest Express – East Liberty
· NetGain Information Systems – Bellefontaine
· SpartanNash – Bellefontaine
· First Lutheran Church – Bellefontaine
· First United Methodist Church – Bellefontaine
· First United Presbyterian Church – Bellefontaine
More sites may be added.
It’s the mission of United Way of Logan County to facilitate successful agency partnerships that enable a safe, healthy, and caring community. Logan County is an extraordinary community that offers a high quality of life for all citizens through the collective and collaborative action among its residents. More than just a fundraiser, United Way has been a valued community partner since it was established locally in 1954, collaborating with businesses, non-profits, government, and civic organizations to help meet the social service needs of the community.
For a printable list of items being collected and the full rundown of drop-off locations, please visit www.uwlogan.org.
Submitted by United Way of Logan County.