The Ohio Hi-Point Board of Education approved employment of several certified staff members during a regular scheduled board meeting April 27.
Shelby Fualkner (Urbana) was hired as the Indian Lake Satellite Agriculture Education instructor, Janye Jones (Huntsville) was hired as the Benjamin Logan Satellite Media Arts Instructor, Lori Ludwig (Bellefontaine) was hired as the Marysville Satellite Health Technology Instructor, and Lyndsey Murphy (Washington, D.C.) was hired as the Mechanicsburg Satellite Agriculture Education Instructor.
Billie Jo Stewart (Bellefontaine) was hired as a substitute bus driver and Lynne Nagel (Wapakoneta) was hired as a substitute Cosmetology Instructor.
During the meeting, the Board of Education recognized Xena Quintanila, an Animal Management senior from Indian Lake High School, and Alec Finch, an Auto Collision Technology senior from Graham High School, as the April Students of the Month; and Katelyn Maynard, an Allied Health & Nursing senior from Marysville High School, and Kevin Haines, a Structural Construction Trades senior from Graham High School, as the May Students of the Month.
Ohio Hi-Point’s Convocation Ceremony is scheduled for Wednesday, May 25, at 6:30 p.m. The ceremony will be held outdoors on Ohio Hi-Point’s campus. In the event of inclement weather, Bellefontaine High School is the secondary location.
In other Board action:
· Heard the Legislative Report from Legislative Liaison, Warren Stevens (Urbana)
· Approved the March 2016 Financial Statement
· Approved action items as recommended by the Treasurer including interest and investments; appropriation modifications, transfers and advances and appropriation increases and decreases
· Accepted the bid of and approved to award a contract to Miami and Erie Contractors of St. Marys, OH to replace a freezer/cooler unit in the high school cafeteria.
· Adopted the worker compensation pool resolution to join the Shealkley UniService Inc. workers’ compensation group
· Authorized the Treasurer to designate PNC Bank as a public depository for the period of August 10, 2016- August 9, 2021
· Approved the donation of 15 laptops to Midwest Regional ESC
· Approved the disposal of video conference equipment
· Approved tuition reimbursement payments for approved staff members in accordance with Board policy
· Approved the 2016/17 and 2017/18 District Calendars
· Approved a monthly cell phone stipend for approved staff members
· Approved the non-renewal of two certified staff members for the 2016/17 school year
· Approved supplemental contracts and extended days for approved staff members
· Approved to establish the certified substitute pay at $100 per day, effective July 1, 2016
· Approved the out-of-state study trip attendance of Lisa Coburn, Indian Lake IT Instructor; Rob Dickerson, Graham Satellite High School of Business Instructor; Justin Lacher, Multimedia Marketing Instructor; and Mary Trudeon, Upper Scioto Valley Satellite IT Instructor to accompany students competing at the National BPA Leadership Conference in Boston, MA in May.
The Board of Education will meet for a May Work Session on Wednesday, May 18, 2016 at 6 p.m. in High School Room 102A. The next Board of Education meeting is Wednesday, May 25, 2016 immediately following the convocation ceremony.
Submitted by the Ohio Hi-Point Career Center.