Plant your gardens for The DeGraff Country Fair Horticulture Tent!
This year’s categories are now established, so Logan Country residents can get their gardens planted. Deadline to enter is Thursday, Aug. 25, by 6 p.m. at the Horticulture Tent in downtown DeGraff. Judging will begin at 7 p.m. If you have any questions, please contact Sharon Kennedy of the DeGraff Garden Club at email@example.com.
Categories for adults
1. Tomatoes – 3 on a plate same variety, stems removed (except small varieties)
2. Largest formed cabbage head
3. Bell Peppers – 3 on a plate
*Vegetables should be true to variety, uniform in size, shape, color, maturity and condition
1. Spike form flower – 1 stem in a clear vase (no jars) (i.e. Gladiolus, Hollyhocks, Salvia, Snapdragon
2. Dahlia – 1 stem in a clear vase (no jars)
3. Mums – 1 spray in a clear vase (no jars)
1. Fairy Garden, no larger than 20” each side
2. Cacti and/or succulent dish garden, no larger than 12” each side
Categories for Junior entries
(1 class for under age 12 and one class for age 12-18)
1. Fairy Garden not to exceed 12” each side
2. Zinnia, 1 stem in a clear vase (no jars)
Submitted by event planners.